[Samba] Smbpasswd problem fine before but now ?

Ken Walker Mr.Smiley.Home at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 18:00:43 GMT 2004

I'm still trying to solve my problem below.

I have found that in my smb.conf file, all information relating to
ldap is either # or ; out, but when i run testparm it shows settings
for ldap which is pointed to locally.
I completely deleted all commented reverences to ldap, restarted
samba, run testparm but it insists that ldap is being called locally.

I even used a previous smb.conf from before i upgraded to 2.2.8a,
which has no referance to ldap, but it still shows up in testparm as
ldap= local.

My other machine that was also upgraded to 2.2.8a has no reference to
ldap or indications it is being called in testparm

I'm completely confused.

Can anybody help

Ken