[Samba] Desktop.ini showing up

Kristyan Osborne kris at longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk
Wed Sep 15 16:09:34 GMT 2004

Hi,

The desktop.ini file appears on winXP machines. It stores various settings for explorer windows and things. Hence if you login to a win2K machine you will see the desktop.ini file, as it doesn't know what to do with it

Cheers

Kristyan Osborne - IT Technician
Longhill High School
01273 391672 / 304086

- ------
Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working properly if you open windows.
Win95:       A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
             8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a
             2-bit company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition.