[Samba] Samba3 + smbldap-tools & smbpasswd

Dan Slatford dan.samba at foxhosts.co.uk
Wed Sep 15 15:45:38 GMT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 16:26, rruegner wrote:
> I sometimes noticed in former versions of samba 3
> that usrmgr must be started from
> a win machine which is in the domain,
> but for sure it has to be run as a user account in  role of Domain Admin
> to have permission to change anything
> Regards

All of which I'm doing.

Most things it changes fine, if a bit quirky (such as needing to be
refreshed after making changes to see them). In short my situation is
this:

* users can't change theirldap stored passwords without manual
intervention to prevent them from being prompted for another change
within two days

* passwords can't be made unchangeable despite the X bit appearing in
the ldap record

* password expiration can't be set from user manager

* 'net time' is three days slower than system clock

Dan