[Samba] large file support >4GB (nt4.0sp5->smb3.0.6-suse9.0-kernel2.4.21)

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Wed Sep 15 15:36:47 GMT 2004

hi,
i recommend using ext3, suse is good in reiser,
but with ext3 youre on the safe side.
Upgrade samba to 3.07 from ftp suse.com.
have you played with use sendfile = yes ( which works under suse 9 kernel )
and other performance parameters in samba,
like
socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_KEEPALIVE SO_SNDBUF
checking in general all nics and switches so as logs might help.
i have a equal setup but no such big files to test
have you test the file coping from a win 2000 client with large memory
file handling is only related to partition type ( ext3 , xfs, reiseer )
should be ok.
Just as a test, setup ftpserver on the samba server and try to copy the
file via ftp.
Regards