[Samba] ldapsam_compat broken in 3.0.6/7?

Ivano Cristofolini icristof at ing.unitn.it
Wed Sep 15 13:22:07 GMT 2004

Hi there,

Is anybody using an ldapsam_compat backend with samba 3.0.6 or above?

I compiled with the --with-ldapsam option (from plain .tar.gz and from
src.rpm both from Samba's site and FC2)

All I get when I use an ldapsam_compat backend is "Segmentation Fault"
when I run smbpasswd or pdbedit with almost any option.

Also, the smbd daemon logs "internal error".

Everything works as long as I switch to the ldapsam backend.
(But I still need to use ldapsam_compat on a very important LDAP
subtree).

Samba version 3.0.5 works fine.

My system is Fedora Core 2 (I tried with Red Hat 8.0 as well).

Thanks in advance,
Ivano

Ivano Cristofolini
Presidio Informatico Ingegneria
Direzione Informatica e Telecomunicazioni
Università degli Studi di Trento
Via Mesiano 77,
38050 Povo(TN), Italy
Tel: +39 0461/881940