[Samba] Creating

Turki at zahid.com Turki at zahid.com
Wed Sep 15 12:16:06 GMT 2004

Hi,

It says in the Samba-Howto :

"Group accounts can be managed using the MS Windows NT4 or MS Windows
200x/XP Professional MMC tools. Appropriate interface scripts should be
provided in smb.conf if it is desired that UNIX/Linux system accounts
should be automatically created when these tools are used. In the absence
of these scripts, and so long as winbindd is running, Samba group accounts
that are created using these tools will be allocated UNIX UIDs/GIDs from
the ID range specified by the idmap uid/idmap gid parameters in the
smb.conf file. " (Chapter 11 - Features & Benefits)

1- Where can I find the scripts that will be placed in smb.conf for
automatically creating users and groups.
2- What is the WindowsXP MMC-snapin that will allow me to manage users and
groups in Samba PDC ?

Thanks.
IT - Technical Support
turki at zahid.com
02 6652656 ext. 229

Visit us at http://www.zahid.com

                               ********Legal Disclaimer********
 The information in this message is confidential and may
 be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
 addressee. Access to this  message by anyone else
 is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
 disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or
 any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is
 prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact
 the sender if  you have received this message in error.