[Samba] Access from Windows to Samba/LINUX

Christoph Scheeder christoph.scheeder at scheeder.de
Wed Sep 15 09:53:16 GMT 2004

Hi,
just to clarify this a bit, you want to have a share called directory_1.
In this share you want to have subdirectorys which are invisible to the
users, but writeable, like the so called "hidden-folders" in windows.
is this correct?

Then you need to set up the mapping for the "hidden"-flag of windows.
Have a look at the manpage for smbd.conf and search for "map hidden".
This flag allows the mapping of one of the unix-executable-bit's to the
windows hidden-flag.
Christoph