[Samba] problem with groups and permissions

Turki at zahid.com Turki at zahid.com
Wed Sep 15 08:44:52 GMT 2004

Nested groups is not supported in Samba.

Vicente Vives <vvives at aimplas.es>
Sent by: samba-bounces+tm=zahid.com at lists.samba.org
15/09/2004 10:57 AM

samba at lists.samba.org
cc

Subject
[Samba] problem with groups and permissions

Hello,

I have an easy question (i think) for you, but not for me:

I am using samba-3.0.0 + ldap +acl's as a file server. It works
correctly. I have defined posix groups and use these groups of users to
define permissions in directories.

My question is how can i define a group as a member of another group.

Can you  help me?

Thanks a lot.

Vicent Vives.

Visit us at http://www.zahid.com

                               ********Legal Disclaimer********
 The information in this message is confidential and may
 be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the
 addressee. Access to this  message by anyone else
 is unauthorised.  If you are not the intended recipient, any
 disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or
 any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is
 prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact
 the sender if  you have received this message in error.