[Samba] which version to install/???

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Sep 15 03:59:59 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 16:44, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> The general impression I get about Samba 3.0 is that it has a lot of
> users, not that most users have problems.  It has been one of our most
> successful releases in that respect.  Samba 3.1, which will become Samba
> 3.2 will not be radically different in that respect, just a continuing
> evolution from this point.
----
The general impression that I get about the problems that people are
having is they are caused because they are trying to implement higher
levels of integration with technologies that they don't know anything
about such as kerberos and LDAP and most often with Windows technologies
itself.

I thought 2.2.x was great. I know that 3.0.x is awesome. The developers
are doing a fantastic job - thanks.

Craig