[Samba] Error with samba version above 3.0.6

Andre Luis Fogagnoli discussao_samba at bastion.com.br
Tue Sep 14 20:48:39 GMT 2004

<>I thinks that it's something wrong with my config file, because I
don't find any think similar on the net.
I updated my samba to version 3.0.6 but now this error is occuring when
I try to connect to samba:

# /usr/local/samba/bin/smbclient -L romanza
Password:
session setup failed: Call returned zero bytes (EOF)

I'm using samba for a PDC with LDAP. In Samba version 3.0.5 it works ok.

I compiled with this options: --with-ldap and --with-ldapsam
But in version 3.0.6 and 3.0.7 doesn't work. I used the same config file
(see below), and the same options to configure command.

Does any one have any ideia? Or anyone has the same problem?

My smb.conf:

[global]
       netbios name = ROMANZA
       workgroup = FFS-TESTE
       server string = Bastion File Server - Samba version %v

       log level = 9
       log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log

       time server = Yes
       unix password sync = Yes

       add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd.pl -w %U
       passwd program = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-passwd.pl -o %u
       passwd chat = *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *successfuly*

       logon script = logon.bat
       logon path = \%L\profiles\%U\%m
       logon drive = h:
       logon home = \%L\profiles\%U\%m

       domain logons = Yes
       preferred master = Yes
       domain master = Yes
       os level = 65
       admin users = @root

       ldap server = 127.0.0.1
       ldap port = 389
       ldap suffix = dc=romanza
       ldap machine suffix = ou=Computers,dc=romanza
       ldap user suffix = ou=Users,dc=romanza
       ldap group suffix = ou=Groups,dc=romanza
       ldap idmap suffix = ou=Mail,dc=romanza
       ldap admin dn = "cn=manager,dc=romanza"
       ldap ssl = no

[netlogon]