[Samba] Field Definition for objectSid (LDAP)

Celeste Suliin Burris csburris at ci.tacoma.wa.us
Tue Sep 14 00:13:21 GMT 2004

I'm trying to write a perl program to get user information my boss
wants using Net::LDAP in perl. I'm doing fairly well, but when I try to
get the objectSid from the user list, it comes in packed or encrypted
in some fashion. Since dumping the users using the command "net ads
search '(&(objectClass=person)(objectCategory=person))'" gets me an
unscrambled objectSid, I figure someone out there knows how to put it
into human-readable form.

Celeste Suliin Burris
Systems Administrator
Tacoma Economic Development Department