[Samba] Winbind uid/gid issue.

Joseph.Gaude at gd-ais.com Joseph.Gaude at gd-ais.com
Mon Sep 13 16:07:39 GMT 2004

Hello All,
I've got Samba 3.0.4 running under Solaris 8 with AD support/Winbind... One
issue I'm having that I need to fix is, all the files on the Solaris box are
owned by uid's and gid's from my nis files... Now that winbind is running,
when a user modifies a file, it is now owned by DOMAIN+AD-USERID and the
same for the group... Then a lot of other people can't access those files.
I'd like to have the files owned by the UNIX uid/gid and not the AD
uid/gid.... Can I do this?

I'd do something with the AD groups but unfortunately, I don't have any
control or influence on the AD admin side of things.

I haven't poured through the docs yet because I need to get this resolved
fast...

Thanks!

...Joe