[Samba] short utf8 char

William Marques william at scinergy.com.br
Mon Sep 13 12:32:21 GMT 2004

Hi everybody,

I have thousands of messages in my samba log, relative to an charset issue:
Sep 13 12:16:45 samba001 smbd[27926]: [2004/09/13 12:16:45, 0]
lib/iconv.c:utf8_pull(514)
Sep 13 12:16:45 samba001 smbd[27926]:   short utf8 char
In my smb.con, I used the following settings:

preserve case = No
        short preserve case = No
        unix charset = UTF8
        display charset = UTF8
        dos charset = cp850
Is It possible to configure something more to avoid this kind of messages?
What kind of error that can produce in my samba server?

I try to find my answers reading the mailing list archives, but I can's
see any answers for that question....
Help will be very apreciated, This is a large samba server in
production, and times to times it's just crashes, without log anything
else...

With best regards,

--
William Marques