[Samba] Modifying ACL's from client without using winbind

Christian Merrill cmerrill at redhat.com
Mon Sep 13 11:30:08 GMT 2004

My situation is pretty simple but I'm not able to figure out this last
bit (any help is greatly appreciated).  I have a Samba3 server that is a
standard NT member of an Active Directory.  All domain user's have
matching local accounts, and the domain groups that are involved also
have matching local groups.

Clients can set permissions within the shares but are *unable* to add or
remove users/groups from those acls.  Do I need to configure some kind
of additional user or group mapping?

Thanks in advance,
Christian