[Samba] Re: Re: UID and GID's

Tom tom at orange.us
Fri Sep 10 21:17:23 GMT 2004

Ok, I entered all that stuff in.  I also created a samba user in AD and
delegated control to the ou idmap to it.
I did the "smbpasswd -w" command and entered all the entries I needed in
smb.conf

Do I have to set up anything in the ldap.conf?
it works kinda, I'm getting the following errors in my winbind.log file:

[2004/09/10 16:25:27, 0] sam/idmap_ldap.c:ldap_allocate_id(413)
  ldap_allocate_id: single sambaUnixIdPool object not found

What does it create in the ou Imap? Will I be able to see the entries when
using the Active Directory MMC on the domain controllers?

"wbinfo -u" works
"getent passwd" doesn't work, well it only lists the /etc/passwd stuff

thanks,
-tom

"Blindauer Emmanuel" <samba at agat.net> wrote in message
news:200409090853.27320.samba at agat.net...
Le mercredi 8 Septembre 2004 22:37, Tom a écrit :
> ok, so how do I do that?
>
> Do I take out:
>   idmap uid = 16777216-33554431
>   idmap gid = 16777216-33554431
> and add:
>   ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap,dc=samba,dc=org
No you must keep the uid/gid ranges.
you must add some entries for ldap too, and create an adapted ldap server.
the
relevant section in my smb.conf is:

   idmap backend = ldap:ldap://the.ldap.server
   idmap uid = 10000-20000
   idmap gid = 10000-20000

   ldap suffix = dc=domain,dc=local
   ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
   ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=domain,dc=local