[Samba] Samba 3.0.6 Problems w/AD and Kerberos

Rick Brown Rick.Brown at oit.gatech.edu
Fri Sep 10 20:41:30 GMT 2004

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Christian Merrill wrote:
>
> | Tom we have had multiple reports of this and I imagine
> | your ticket is  probably one of many in my queue right
> | now.  We are working on it internally as well but so far
> | have not made any real progress narrowing down the
> | problem.  It *appears* that this is actually unrelated to our
> | kerberos update.  As I mentioned previously this looks
> | like the problems we have been seeing in win2k3 environments
> | -- almost as if something helped spread this issue to win2k
> | as well.
>
> Tom, I'm not completely willing to cross this out as a redhat
> specific issue.  I've sen at least one specific report
> with debian (krb 1.3.4 and samba 3.0.6 both compiled locally).
> However, krb5 is tricky to debug remotely like this :-\
>
> Can anyone shed any more light on any more platforms? Other
> than debian and redhat?

I can testify for solaris 9 on sparc with krb 1.2.5(patched) with
samba 3.0.2, 3.0.4, and 3.0.6.

[         Rick Brown               ][      (404) 894-6175           ]
[ Office of Information Technology ][    rick at oit.gatech.edu 	    ]
[ Georgia Institute of Technology  ][  258 4th street. Atlanta, GA  ]