[Samba] create_canon_ace_lists: unable to map SID

Christian Merrill cmerrill at redhat.com
Fri Sep 10 17:54:59 GMT 2004

I know this is probably something very simple but I can't for the life
of me figure out what's going on.  This is a very basic setup using
domain security and joined NT style in an AD running in Mixed Mode.  I
am *not* using winbind, all user and group accounts are represented
locally in /etc/passwd and /etc/group.  For the most part this is
functional, from a windows client I am able to modify access permissions
for users already in the ACL (using acl support, filesystem is mounted
with acl option etc.).  What I cannot do is add users to the acl from
the windows side.  Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Christian