[Samba] Announcing to ourselves ???

Radek Svoboda svoboda at neovision.cz
Fri Sep 10 14:13:32 GMT 2004

I found this i our log.nmbd, occurs each hour:

[2004/09/10 16:03:36, 2]
nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:announce_local_master_browser_to
_domain_master_browser(109)
   announce_local_master_browser_to_domain_master_browser:
   We are both a domain and a local master browser for workgroup
NEOVISION.  Do not announce to ourselves.
[2004/09/10 16:03:36, 2] nmbd/nmbd_browsesync.c:sync_with_dmb(151)
   sync_with_dmb:
   Initiating sync with domain master browser SERVER<20> at IP
192.168.0.1 for workgroup NEOVISION

One cause for this I can imagine is that we joined by SERVER machine our
own domain controlled by the same machine. Do you know how to *left*
joined domain, e.g. by using "net" command?

                                     Radek Svoboda
                                     Neovision s.r.o., Prague
                                     svoboda at neovision.cz
                                     http://www.neovision.cz