[Samba] Auto disconnect from printer service.

George Farris farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Thu Sep 9 18:12:35 GMT 2004

I have some machines that are used in the College Library and are logged
in with a generic user in the morning so students can use the system to
review Library information.

We are running a print quota system and would like to be able to have
the user be prompted for a username and password, have the job printed
and then have the printer service disconnected so the next time a
different user printed they would be prompted.

I believe the prompt for username will work if the printer is not
allowed to be connected to as guest, however Windows will cache the
username and password which is not what I want.

Is there anyway to force the authentication of a share every time it is
accessed?

George Farris	farrisg at mala.bc.ca
Malaspina University-College - Cowichan Campus