[Samba] Missing charset ISO8859-1.so in 3.0.6?

John B. Scalia jscalia at cityblueprinting.com
Thu Sep 9 13:46:29 GMT 2004

I recently installed and built 3.0.06 on my Solaris 9 Ultra 5 station. When
I start either smbd or nmbd, the log files indicate a missing shared library
during initialization, but the daemons appear to be running anyway.
Specifically, the log says:

[2004/09/09 09:09:07, 3] lib/module.c:do_smb_load_module(46)

  Error loading module '/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/ISO8859-1.so': ld.so.1:
/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: fatal:
/usr/local/samba/lib/charset/IS)8859-1.so: open failed: No such file or
directory

Oh, and that gets repeated in the log some 20 times. I don't see anything in
the makefile or the sources to build this file, and while I suspected that
this was probably a Solaris file, a 'find' didn't locate it anywhere on this
system. I've started looking through the sources to see where this is being
defined and why, but if anybody has a quick solution or remedy, I'd really
appreciate it.

--

John