[Samba] Samba, cups and page count.

Bruno Gimenes Pereti pereti at ump.edu.br
Thu Sep 9 12:17:56 GMT 2004

Hi!

I've got a new big problem. I've being reading about this for a week and
can't find a solution.
I finally installed a Xerox (WorkCentre 420) printer with HP drivers because
Xerox  don't have drivers for linux. I'm running CUPS to access the printer,
samba reads it from /etc/printcap and is sharing the printer. I can print
from windows clients without problems.

Now, what I need is to count how much page each user is printing. I just
read from
http://docs.kde.org/en/3.2/kdebase/kdeprint/troubleshooting-cups.html that
"Jobs printed as "raw" are always counted as size of 1 page". Is that true?
Is there any work around? What do you use for page accouting?

I know it's not a samba problem, but I need something that can do page
accounting and work with samba.

TIA.
Bruno Pereti.