[Samba] Samba 3.0.6 speed problem

Fabrice Robin FabriceRobin at bbs-one.fr
Wed Sep 8 15:24:09 GMT 2004

Ok, so I straced the same file copy twice, first one with the slow process,
second one after a kill HUP command.

Then I made a diff and it appeared that, in the first one, there are a lot
of
"error packet at smbd/notify.c" when doing a "kernel_ckeck_notify"...

I don't know what it means but I hope that you will understand it and that
you will be able to help me :-)) (It is quite critical in my company...)

Regards,
Fabrice Robin

PS: You will find the strace output files attached to this mail

Trace OK:
http://fr.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/dionyweb/vwp2?.tok=bcCbyCUB_h64F3xe&.dir=/Samba3.0.6&.dnm=straceOK.out&.src=bc
Traces KO:
http://fr.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/dionyweb/vwp2?.tok=bcCbyCUBBJsrBwku&.dir=/Samba3.0.6&.dnm=straceKO.out&.src=bc