[Samba] Permission denied after upgrade to FC2

David Steckbeck dsteckbeck at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 8 13:22:18 GMT 2004

Well, after hearing nothing, and being irritated
enough with this problem, I did some exhaustive
googling and turned up with this:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-June/msg00769.html

Apparently there are now 2 security policy changes you
must make on a 2003 dc instead of just the one like
before.

Once I had our Win Admin make the change, I was able
to  smbmount everything again.

/******** Previous **********/

Hello all, hopefully someone has run into this before.
I was previously running RH9 with Samba 3.0.2a and
would normally mount a document folder to a Win2003
server share.

Prior to the upgrade, my mount would work fine, but
after upgrading to FC2 (Samba 3.0.5) I now receive
"Permission denied" when trying to access the
succesfully mounted share. In addition, when I try to
'ls -al' in the mount folder I see:
?---------  ? ?          ?             ?            ?
David

Also, when I do a 'df' it shows 'Permission denied'.

I thought there might be an issue with the version of
samba that came with FC2, so I upgraded to the 3.0.6-1
rpm's I downloaded from the samba.org site - no luck.

I can access my folder just fine from a Windows XP SP1
client.

Nothing has changed in regards to the permissions on
my folder or share - its been this way for over a
year.
On the share Everyone has full control, on the
directory permissions, my account and administrators
have full control. When I try to mount as
administrator, I get the same thing... so I'm guessing
a permission bit Windows sends is getting mapped
incorrectly.