[Samba] Minimum Permissions Required to Associate to a Windows Server 2003 AD Realm

Tavis tavis at galaxytelecom.net
Tue Sep 7 21:14:19 GMT 2004

In the associated group policy, any authenticated user currently has
"Add Workstations to domain" access, this is a dev network btw ;P

Also, using a windows XP client, i can join the machine to the ads realm
using the same account that i try to use (and fails) with the samba server

ADS Server, is Windows Server 2003 Enterprise running in forest and
domain mode of windows server 2003, there must be some permission that
Samba requires to join an ADS Realm that i'm not aware of.. has anyone
else come across a similar problem?

Samba version is 3.0.6, if anyone is following this let me know if you
need a debug log, although it seems that its purely a windows
configuration issue