[Samba] file context menu takes for ever with 3.0.6, both sernet and suse

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Mon Sep 6 17:26:23 GMT 2004

Are these XP clients?

Try setting "large readwrite = no" (be sure to restart the client on a new
smbd or you won't know for sure) and see if that changes the behaviour.
I have several systems with the same exact issues you describe. Changing
that value helped me...I'm hoping Jeremy can help me understand why in an
email I sent to samba-technical.

Good luck!

Bill