[Samba] Problem accessing samba shares from Win2k...

Thomas Maier balagi at justmail.de
Sat Sep 4 19:39:31 GMT 2004

Hi,

i have a little problem here and i don't know how to solve it..

I'm using samba 3.0.6 on a linux 2.6.7 box and a w2k machine.

Accessing the w2k machine via smbclient works well, but accessing a samba
share on my linux box will not:

if i do under w2k:

net view \\linux
   lists the samba shares, ok

net use t: \\linux\test
   mounts the share to t:, ok

but

dir t:\
   will not work, it only hangs a minute or so, then prints "no files
found" and my firewall pops up messages like "ip datagram is not version
4".

As i know i have nothing configured using ip version 6.
And why can i access shares of the w2k box on linux, but not the other
way?????

Thanks for help

Thomas Maier