[Samba] kinit username@REALM

Joseph joseph at cpccomputers.net
Fri Sep 3 23:07:01 GMT 2004

Hello list:

Do I need to do the command "kinit username at REALM" every single time I
boot up my system?

Also, why does the kinit "username" not accept the winbind separator
"+"?  For example:  "kinit domain+user at REALM" instead of just
"user at REALM".

I have my system setup to login via gdm with my domain user account
(which uses the winbind separator "domain+user"), so why can't kinit
login at that time?  This would make it seamless, instead of having to
open a command line each time the system boots and manually running the
kinit command.

Thanks.