[Samba] Winbindd can't find ldap server

eric roseme eroseme at emonster.rose.hp.com
Fri Sep 3 18:01:27 GMT 2004

Are you actually storing your mappings on the ADS (instead of default
tdb).  If so, I am interested to see your ADS schema modifications.  I
have been wondering if anyone has tried that yet.

Otherwise, with "security = ads", you do not need the idmap parm, it
stores the mappings in the winbindd_idmap.tdb (or the cache).

PS - I think it's "idmap backend", not "idmap_backend".

Eric Roseme
Hewlett-Packard