[Samba] smbclient: support for long share names..?

Dabney, Nathan T. Nathan.Dabney at escocorp.com
Fri Sep 3 16:59:57 GMT 2004

I am running smbclient: Version 3.0.6-SUSE (SLES 8.0)

I am still unable to see any printer shares with names longer than 12
characters.  Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this?

[Please cc: me with any replies]

-Nathan

On Fri, 22 Nov 2002, Diana McKenna wrote:

> If no one has any further information on this, I'll submit this as a bug.

This is a known limitation of the fact that samba-2.x does NOT support
true UniCode on the wire. This limitation should disappear in Samba-3.0.0
since it handles UniCode.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra