[Samba] setsockopt returning Invalid argument

Philip Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Fri Sep 3 16:28:02 GMT 2004

I have built samba 3.0.4 on Solaris 9 and it appeared to compile and build OK.  It
starts up and runs with a PDC smb.conf.  It becomes the brows master for the domain
and generally seems to look OK.

However, when I try to join a PC into the domain I get "Invalid argument" logged by
set_socket_options() in lib/util_sock.c when trying to set TCP_NODELAY and
SO_KEEPALIVE.

This is followed by get_peer_addr() failing with "Transport endpoint not connected".

The attempt to join the domain fails.  Any ideas please?

Phil.