[Samba] process hang when accessing a mounted smbfs

Gregoire Pichon gregoire.pichon at bull.net
Fri Sep 3 15:33:02 GMT 2004

Hi all,

I installed the samba 3.0.3 on a Fedora Core 2 and then samba 3.0.6-1
and still have the following problem.

When I mount a smbfs, it sucesses but processes hang when they access
the mount point and smbumount returns "Device busy". Since even system
halt fails unmounting the filesystem, I have to switch off the machine.

I tested either with smbmount command, or /etc/fstab entry and mount
command, as root or common user, with a Linux or Windows server, but the
problem still occurs.

Note that is happens only with the first smbfs mount of the system.
Applications that access another smbfs mount point mounted after the
first one work very well.

Thanks for any help or advice,
Grégoire.