[Samba] Global Windows Environment-Variables

J. Simmons jsimmons at vpt-inc.com
Fri Sep 3 13:46:50 GMT 2004

Matthias Spork wrote:

> Hello,
>
> does anybody know, how to set Global-Variables for a Windows-System?
>
> I would like to set variabels in the login-script and use them in a
> Word-Document.
>
> PS: "set bla=foo" works only for the current shell/cmd.exe, not global
>
> matze

What you are looking for is the setx program.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/setx-o.asp

If you install this on the client machines and call it from login
scripts it will do exactly what you describe.  I have used it before to
great effect (and if I recall correctly, it works under xp as well).

Later,

  -J

--
J. Simmons