[Samba] Samba 4

David.Grudek at anixter.com David.Grudek at anixter.com
Thu Sep 2 15:53:01 GMT 2004

Does any one know the status of Samba 4.  I was reading about it on the
Samba web site and it sounds really nice.  I am not complaining, just
wondering how it is doing, if they are able to make it smaller with the
web configuration built into the smbd.  It will be so good.  Samba 3, I
could not believe how much better it got so when 4  comes out it should
just be out of this world.  I also read that they plan to release a 3.5
which will include as much from 4 as they can.  Any info would be great. I
just can't get enough when hearing about someone that is helping people
leave Microsoft.