[Samba] Upgrading Kerberos 5 to version 1.3.x for smb 3.0.6

Craig Cameron craig.cameron at care-ivf.com
Thu Sep 2 15:30:13 GMT 2004

Hi all,

Situation : New server RH9, Samba 3.0.6, Kerberos5 1.2.7 in active directory domain was working in 2000 but now (win2k3).

Problem is I need to either update kerberos to 1.3.x to get this working or install Fedora 2.

Unfortunately I have a controller card which isn't currently supported in fedora.

Other option is updating Kerberos in RH9 and all the problems this brings.

Anyone know of a 'HOW to' or have done this and can give tips as installing krb5 1.3.x means breaking some deps.

Alternative suggestions or any help much appreciated.

Cheers

Craig

"If you don't go to people's funerals, they won't come to yours."

This e-Mail is confidential and is intended for the addressee only.  If you are not the intended recipient, you must not disclose or use any information contained in it.  If you received this e-Mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the document.  This e-Mail is for information purposes only and is not intended to be relied upon or used as a substitute for the medical advice of physicians.  Specific advice should always be sought on any individual matter, in particular matters relating to the addressee's health and any symptoms that may require diagnosis or medical attention.