[Samba] IP Appears Rather Than Servername

Adam Tauno WIlliams adam at morrison-ind.com
Thu Sep 2 15:37:41 GMT 2004

Since we updated to 3.0.6 we are having an oddity that the server IP
appears in printer UNCs rather than the IP address.  For instance
printer \\barbel\grdps appears in the printer status box as "192.168.1.9
on grdps".  It still works, but this is both odd and unsightly.  DNS
forward and reverse is working.  It does this on both our 3.0.6
servers.  On adding \\sardine\pdfconv print queue, it addes
\\192.168.1.12\pdfconv in the printer list.