[Samba] samba 3.0.4 and -with-ldapsam

Philip Chambers P.A.Chambers at exeter.ac.uk
Thu Sep 2 14:59:50 GMT 2004

I am trying to get samba 3.0.4 to work as a PDC using LDAP with my old samba 2
schema.  I used -with-ldapsam when building in the hope that that would be OK.

I had a problem when it came to "net groupmap ..." because samba was trying to use
the samba 3 schema attribute sambaSID.  I got round this by setting

  passdb backend = smbpasswd ldapsam:ldap://<myldap>

so it appears to be creating the new entries in smbpasswd, not the LDAP.

Now I have a problem I can't see a solution for.  When I try to get a PC to join the
domain the log shows samba trying to access the DN:

  sambaDomainName=MYDOM,dc=ex,dc=ac,dc=uk

(first in smbldap_search_domain_info(), then in add_new_domain_info().)

which is also from the samba 3 schema.

How do I get samba to store this outside of my LDAP?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Phil.