[Samba] smbpasswd complains about LDAP: "Object class violation"

Chris St. Pierre stpierre at NebrWesleyan.edu
Thu Sep 2 13:17:06 GMT 2004

Does anyone else have any ideas on this?  I think I've got the right
direction, at least.  If someone with a working LDAP-Samba PDC --
preferably 2.2.8, ideally on OS X -- could post the results of an
ldapsearch for one of their machines, I might be able to figure out
which attribute in specific is causing the problem.  Or, if anyone out
there in sambaland has other ideas, I'm totally open to suggestions. Thanks.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University