[Samba] Slow Printing from XP clients with SP2?

Rohan Gilchrist rohan at e-mailme.org
Thu Sep 2 05:21:58 GMT 2004

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

>From an XP machine printing to a SAMBA printer, printing is painfully slow.

Selecting the printer, and even sending the job through windows makes the app
appear non-responsive. The print job is completed fine, but just takes a long time
to print.

XP boxes with SP1 print like a dream. I've managed to replicate this on 4 boxes all
with SP2.

I'm running SAMBA 3.0.4.

Cheers,

Rohan

Rohan Gilchrist
rohan at e-mailme.org
http://www.e-mailme.org/~rohan/
0412 648 909

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and
confidential information intended for the use of the addressee. The
confidentiality and/or privilege in this e-mail is not waived, lost or
destroyed if it has been transmitted to you in error. If you have received
this e-mail in error you must:
(a) not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it;
(b) please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail; and
(c) please delete the original e-mail.

Except as required by law, we do not represent, warrant and/or guarantee
that the integrity of this communication has been maintained nor that the
communication is free of errors, virus, interception, inference or
interference.