[Samba] Kerberos issue

Rommel, Mark Mark.Rommel at molex.com
Wed Sep 1 18:50:02 GMT 2004

I am looking for any assistance on a issue I am currently experience
with Samba and Kerberos.

We have kerberos and LDAP client software on UNIX (HPUX 11.11), which
authenticates with AD (Windows 2000) using SFU 3.0. All samba users are
stored on Active Directory.  The HP newest version of samba I do believe
is 3.0.2 which from HP is a beta version.   I have worked with HP for
several weeks to get this to work.   Basically I can't map any drives to
any of our Windows 2000 workstation using the AD for login
authentication.  Get several different messages with no success every
time HP wants me to try something different.

Is anyone out having a similar problem and if how did you resolve it.
HP has been somewhat helpful so I am looking for any suggestions from
others.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message (including any attachments) may contain Molex confidential information, protected by law.  If this message is confidential, forwarding it to individuals, other than those with a need to know, without the permission of the sender, is prohibited.

This message is also intended for a specific individual.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message or taking of any action based upon it, is strictly prohibited.