[Samba] write permission

Henry Baxter henrybaxter at shaw.ca
Wed Sep 1 00:13:14 GMT 2004

Hi Charles,
I'm not sure what permissions you have or much about your setup, but
perhaps 'force user = ' could help you out here, or 'force group = ' in
your smb.conf. Check out sticky bits, and chapter 12 of the official
howto, and you should be well on your way. As far as I know there is no
direct way to force permission inheritance, but if anyone has
suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Good luck with it

Henry Baxter