[Samba] Re: Windows User Admin Tool error

Jim C. jcllings at javahop.com
Sun Oct 31 20:05:47 GMT 2004

> I've got a Fedora Core 2 box running Samba smbd version 3.0.7-2.FC2.
> I've set it up as a Domain master for a new domain.
> I setup a Win2K Server box and had it join the domain.
> I made an "administrator" user,
> I mapped the groups via:
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=admins
> net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Users" unixgroup=users
> I made the "administrator" the admin user in the smb.conf:
> admin users = administrator
> I can login to the domain, using the administrator, create files
> in the admin's home dir, etc.
> Now I want to use svrtools (actually, I want my Windows admin to
> be able to use them). I got the svrtools.exe as per the Samba
> docs, installed them on the Win2K box, and executed the User Admin Tool.
> It shows the list of users that the samba box has defined.
> I double click oun any user, and get this message:
> "The specified procedure could not be found."

I've also been trying to get these tools to work for as long as I've
been messing with Samba (5-6 years now?) and no dice.   What are the
requirements for this to function?  I always get "A device attached to
the system is not functioning" when I try to use user manager for domains.

Jim C.
| I can be reached on the following Instant Messenger services: |
| MSN: j_c_llings @ hotmail.com  AIM: WyteLi0n  ICQ: 123291844  |
| Y!: j_c_llings            Jabber: jcllings @ njs.netlab.cz	|