[Samba] Windows User Admin Tool error

Barry Roomberg broom at voicenet.com
Sun Oct 31 14:29:23 GMT 2004

I've got a Fedora Core 2 box running Samba smbd version 3.0.7-2.FC2.

I've set it up as a Domain master for a new domain.

I setup a Win2K Server box and had it join the domain.

I made an "administrator" user,
I mapped the groups via:
net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Admins" unixgroup=admins
net groupmap modify ntgroup="Domain Users" unixgroup=users

I made the "administrator" the admin user in the smb.conf:
admin users = administrator

I can login to the domain, using the administrator, create files
in the admin's home dir, etc.

Now I want to use svrtools (actually, I want my Windows admin to
be able to use them). I got the svrtools.exe as per the Samba
docs, installed them on the Win2K box, and executed the User Admin Tool.

It shows the list of users that the samba box has defined.

I double click oun any user, and get this message:

"The specified procedure could not be found."

Any hints?

Thanks

Barry