[Samba] MAC OS X and Samba Shares > 2 TB

AndyLiebman at aol.com AndyLiebman at aol.com
Fri Oct 29 16:19:17 GMT 2004

Does somebody know if the Samba Client in MAC OS X (10.3.4 and 10.3.5) has
problems looking at Linux-based Samba shares that are larger than 2 TB?

I have Samba 3.0.2 running on my Linux box. I have never had any difficulty
with the Mac seeing a 2 TB RAID array on the Linux box, but when the Mac looks
at the 4 TB array, it can see all the contents and create folders but it can't
create any new files. And in the "Get Info" for the 4 TB Samba share, the Mac
tells me that there is "zero K" of space left on the drive.

My Windows XP machines don't have a problem looking at the same share, or in
creates files on the share.

I don't think it's a permission thing because:

a) I have made the share Read/Write for all users
b) I am logging on with the same username and password from both the Windows
and Mac machines

Any ideas?

Regards,
Andy Liebman