[Samba] Samba hangs

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Fri Oct 29 13:52:39 GMT 2004

> nothing happens.  I then have to reboot.  I have been running this
> system for 2 years and it just started this.  Any ideas?

Well you state that both rsync and samba are having problems and that
rsync is throwing I/O errors on a system that has been in service a
couple of years.  Sounds like a hardware/filesystem error.

</jab>Or it could be the multiple identical posts to listservs in short
succession that are causing your system hangs.</jab> :-P

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322