[Samba] Possible to map root to group via winbind?

Graham Dunn gdunn at inscriber.com
Fri Oct 29 13:15:07 GMT 2004

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

> Graham Dunn wrote:
> | samba 3.0.7, freebsd 5.2.1
> |
> | My /usr/local/etc/samba-user.map looks like
> |
> | root = DEV.grahamd
> |
> | I would like to modify the ACLs on a directory that look like so:
> |
> | drwxrwx---  2 root  Domain Admins  512 Oct 28 16:41 test2/
> |
> | (if I chown the directory to my DEV.grahamd account, I
> | can change ACLs to my heart's content)
> |
> | I'm operating under the assumption that only root, or
> | the owner of a  file can change it's ACLs through windows
> | explorer (at least, that way always works in this case).
>
> Try setting 'dos filemode = yes'

No luck.

drwxrwx---+ 2 root  Domain Admins  512 Oct 29 09:07 test2/

%getfacl test2/
#file:test2/
#owner:0
#group:10018
user::rwx
user:GrahamD:rwx
group::rwx
mask::rwx
other::---

As grahamd, I still get

"unable to save permission changes on test2. Access is denied."

PS.
http://www.plainjoe.org/gpg_public.asc results in a 404.