[Samba] Samba Group Code question

Craig C. Rea craigrea at thbred.com
Thu Oct 28 20:24:22 GMT 2004

Samba members,

I'm running a RedHat Advanced Server 2.1 cluster.

The Samba share "Users" directory is configured with "Inherit Permissions = Yes".

I have created directories within the "Users" file system and have assigned the directories Group codes accordingly.  In some cases, multiple users are members of the same group.  I use the Group codes to control who has access to the various directories.

The problem:

When a member user creates a directory or file in the parent directory belonging to the group, other members cannot access it because the Group code changes to that of the creating user.

Is there an "Inherit Group = Yes" Samba parameter?

Thanks for you help.

Craig