[Samba] Converting an LDAP server to use Samba 3

Nick Lopez i.am at the.glowingmonkey.org
Thu Oct 28 17:03:41 GMT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 09:54:24AM -0700, Andy Moran wrote:

> I know this might not be the best place for this, but I'm hoping someone
> else has done this or knows what I need to do.
>
> We have a Linux LDAP Server (OpenLDAP 2.0.27) serving unix accounts to
> Linux and OS X machines.  To get it to serve to OS X machines, I copied
> over the 'apple.schema' from an OS X box.    Itr seems this schema file
> depends on things defined in the Samba 2.x schema file (samba.schema)
> because when it's present, it starts fine but when it doesn't, it
> complains about undefinied symbols in the apple.schema file.
  Copy it again from a Panther box, they might have updated it, I don't
remember. I know I do have Samba3 running with an OpenLDAP backend with OSX
enabled accounts too (and kerberos thrown in for the hell of it) and I don't
recall having to do anything drastic from the schema.

  - Nick Lopez
    spamtrap at glowingmonkey.org

  -- Randomly selected signature --
"if the bible proves the existance of god, then superman comics prove the
 existance of superman" - Usenet