[Samba] Samba PDC in many branch offices + one LDAP database - how to change passwords?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at interia.pl
Thu Oct 28 15:03:26 GMT 2004

Andreas wrote:

 > On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 03:51:07PM +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
 >
 >> Hello,
 >>
 >> I just configured Samba 3 PDC + LDAP.
 >>
 >> The aim is to have a Samba 3 PDC + LDAP in each branch office; and
there should be one user/password database.

 >> There are about 20 branch offices in different locations and users
travel a lot between them with laptops.

 >> Each branch office has a below configuration:
 >>
 >> - Samba 3 PDC
 >> - slave OpenLDAP server
 >

 > What about having each branch office with a samba 3 BDC instead of PDC?

These offices are divided by WAN (which means loss of connectivity,
slowness etc.) - isn't that a problem?
Users should be able to log in even when the link is down; the only
thing impossible then should be password change / adding new accounts.

Tomek