[Samba] samba3 / ldap / idealx smbldap-tools / roaming profile

gnujuba gnujuba at debis.ath.cx
Thu Oct 28 13:08:14 GMT 2004

hi list,

i am having problems with the smbldap-populate script from idealx.

we are using samba3 server with openldap.
we dont want roaming profiles for our users, so in smb.conf i set:
logon path =
logon drive = H		#just for homedirs not for profile, we dont want roaming
profileslogon home =

in the configuration file for the smbldap-tools (smbldap_conf.pm) it says:

# Just comment this if you want to use the smb.conf 'logon path' directive
# and/or desabling roaming profiles
#$_userProfile = q(\\\\ARTEMIS\\profiles\\);

if we comment $_userProfile like above i get an error message when
executing the smbldap-populate.pl script:
adding new entry: uid=Administrator,ou=People,dc=eu,dc=xxx,dc=com
failed to add entry: sambaprofilepath: value #0 invalid per syntax at
/cluster/etc-o1/samba/bin/smbldap-populate.pl line 323, <GEN1> line 6.adding new entry: uid=nobody,ou=People,dc=eu,dc=xxx,dc=com
failed to add entry: sambaprofilepath: value #0 invalid per syntax at
/cluster/etc-o1/samba/bin/smbldap-populate.pl line 323, <GEN1> line 7.
and neither the administrator nor nobody are added to the ldap db.

what is the problem here ? any ideas ?
we use samba rpms for suse linux enterprise server 8 from ftp.sernet.com

regards,

gnjb