[Samba] Samba 3.0.7 domain membership with AD2003

Doug VanLeuven roamdad at sonic.net
Wed Oct 27 17:02:49 GMT 2004

Baron Robert wrote:

>         c) adding samba server to domain:
>             net ads join -U administrator
>             ==> no problem
>
>          d) I start samba with a script:
> #####begin of script#####
> /usr/local/samba/sbin/nmbd -D --configfile=/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
> /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd -D --configfile=/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
> /usr/local/samba/sbin/winbind -D
> --configfile=/usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf
> #####end of script#####

> Communication test from the linux server:
>
> ping 10.0.0.1 => ok
> smbclient -L -U administrateur => list all the share on the windws
> server.
>
> test from the windows server:
> ping melkor       => ok
> \\melkor\data => fail and re-ask me to enter password and username

Is it administrator or administrateur ?
You might need
username map = /usr/local/samba/lib/smbusers
and define
root=TESTREDHAT+administrateur

or whatever unix account it should map to

I use winbind trusted domains only = yes, so I don't have any experience
with on the fly account creation with the ad option.

also, winbindd has no -D option.  It just is a daemon unless you pass a
flag for interactive.

Regards, Doug